A Bountiful Harvest, Not A Pretty One Though


As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I would be back to my holiday home for a week-long stay. So, here I am. It has been a few days since I came back. But what I have managed to do however, was only a little bit of harvesting at my backyard which has been quite long overdue.

Though not a pretty one, I would say the harvest was bountiful, given the size of the planter where the vegetables were planted.


The sweet potato plants had provided tasty vegetables for at least 6 people. The harvested leaves, after a small bit of frying, were devoured by me and my guests in no time when served on the table.



In favour of the yummy greens, a tiny sweet potato was however, sacrificed during the harvest,



The red and green Amaranths were the most favoured ones among all my vegetables, it seemed, judging by the amount of ' stolen ' bites here and there before the harvest. I am proud though that the ' pest guys ' had found them tasty, just like us ( me and my guests ), despite they being quite ' aged ' and not pretty actually.




The Madeira Vines have been spared this time pending next harvest.



So, have the Basil leaf plants.



And the Gynura bicolor plants.



At the front yard planter, the pumpkin has matured a little bit. The colour is slowly turning orange. Harvest time could be not too far off.



All for now. Till next harvest... See then... 


No comments:

Post a Comment